I've moved! You can now find this blog at www.teachingthelittlepeople.com. Please bookmark this new site and come on over!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Pinterest Project Tryout: Mother's Day Mosaic Suncatchers in Preschool


The Little People made some Window Suncatchers as gifts for Mother's Day last week, and they turned out wonderfully.

I got the idea from this pin on Pinterest that came from this post on the blog Play At Home Mom LLC.
I loved the way the translucent flat marbles and beads looked in the sun and decided that we would try it out.  

Source: playathomemom3.blogspot.com via Julie on Pinterest
I followed all the directions as given on the blog.  We also used frames from a dollar store, and a combination of glass gems and plastic "gems" that I purchased from Discount School Supply, along with some clear buttons I had on hand. The first day of the project I went with the glue that I had, which was your basic white school glue.  However, I then went out and found some clear Elmer's glue, and we loved how that worked.  It dried very nicely, with no haziness at all.  


Here are some of their creations:



This one was done with the regular (non-clear) Elmer's glue.  Even when dry, it didn't look as nice as the ones done with the clear glue.




Of course, the mothers just loved them, and we declared this project a keeper.

Here is my Pinterest Tryout Review:





No comments:

Post a Comment