I've moved! You can now find this blog at www.teachingthelittlepeople.com. Please bookmark this new site and come on over!

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Yep, the Penguin is Coming Home with Me...(Hitting the Yard Sales for Preschool Finds)

Did a little yard saling with my friend Gay this morning.  I found all kinds of treasures - a backseatful, in fact.

Here's some proof:

Yes, I did buy a four-foot tall inflatable penguin at a yard sale today.  He's life-sized, so the Little People can see how they would measure up to a real emperor penguin.  If they're not scared of him.  I got home with my yard sale treasures before my fourteen-year old woke up and put the penguin right outside the door to his room as a little "good morning" surprise and he about had a small heart attack as he came out of his room later.  Now we're positioning him in random places around the house just for fun.  Like a large penguin family member.

You know, if he were real, I really would be scared of him.

Good times, good times...

No comments:

Post a Comment