I've moved! You can now find this blog at www.teachingthelittlepeople.com. Please bookmark this new site and come on over!

Monday, November 19, 2012

Tasting Cranberry Sauce in Preschool

Are you buying any cranberry sauce this week for your Thanksgiving dinner?  I have to admit that this is something that I usually would leave off my list if I were in charge of the Thanksgiving shopping.  My only associations with cranberry sauce are the ones of the molded, gelatinous cylindrical shape that you wiggle out of the can.

However, I decided that the Little People should taste cranberry sauce this year to see if they would like it.  Admittedly, part of the reason was that I had already made this printable that is part of the Thanksgiving Activity Pack in my Teachers Stores:

I got the printable ready, so I was halfway there.  I then ran across this jar of sauce during our last trip to Trader Joe's, so I went ahead and purchased it for the tasting.


We decided that we wouldn't just serve the sauce without anything else, so we served it on Ritz crackers.  Which, now that I think about it, might have influenced the voting a little bit.

Here is the chart pre-voting:


Here is the chart after voting:

I certainly was surprised at the results.  But then again, I tasted the sauce myself and thought it was pretty good.  So I brought it home and we're saving it for Thursday.

Would they have voted differently if it were the traditional wibble-wobble can-shaped mass?  I don't know.  I just know that in this case, the Little People have spoken, and the result is:

Thumbs up for cranberry sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment